Once you have made contact with a new prospect, or acquired a new customer, how do you help them remember your local business information? This is smart planning for long-term success for your small business.
Your small business needs a break from the grind of attracting new customers. Repeat business and generating new business from a contact list can increase your bottom line dramatically.
So how do you keep in touch with people?
1. Build an email list with Get Response or another brand of autoresponder. All you need is a name and email address and you can follow up right into their in box.
This is an easy way to create a mailing list and follow up with it. You can start one list for your current customers and one for your prospects.
Publishing an ezine, or electronic newsletter as it is known, is a good way to keep in touch with both lists. The more subscribers to your list the more income they can bring to your business. Plus this is a good way to keep your local business name in front of them.
2. Create a blog and add articles a few times a week. Invite people to keep up to date using your RSS Feed. Google owns Feedburner and this is an easy way for you to get new subscribers and maintain contact.
3. Have your secretary type than you notes and you sign them an mail them out. This is a powerful way to show appreciation to your customers. This is not very time consuming to do. Just get in the habit of doing it.
4. Brand your business with an attractive logo in every advertising you do. Include it on pens, magnets, flyers, note pads, key chains, and so on.
5. Email or snail mail discount coupons regularly. You see pizza companies do it over and over so you know it works. No matter how small the amount people like to save money.
6. Add a contest to your blog or website. Advertise them and asked people to get involved. To maintain a person’s interest give away really good prizes.
7. Encourage people to promote you by giving them cash for referrals. Satisfied customers will refer you on their own, but it doesn’t hurt to offer an incentive. Anytime you can get someone talking about your local business it is a good thing.
8. Use Internet marketing with off line tactics together to reach a greater number of people on a regular basis. Do as many of the things we have written about here plus add some you come up with.
Use the 8 things we have written about in this article to keep your local business information in front of existing customers and prospects. Maintaining contact is a smart thing to do and it is easy to do once you get in the habit!